As of May 25th, we are reopening the hostel.
COVID-19 (coronavirus) has had a serious impact on businesses across the board, hospitality included. The hostel, though open again, has made changes to accommodate and protect our staff and guests during this time. We took the time during these last six weeks to determine best practices for COVID-19 prevention at the hostel as Colorado has been under the Stay-at-Home orders, deep clean the entire hostel and work on projects.
We are reopening for long term and short term stays. We have private and bunk options and are limiting the dorms to 2 guests per bathroom during this time.
We are aware that there is a need for housing during this time and are offering affordable options for travelers who are stuck in Colorado Springs, medical staff, those relocating to Colorado Springs, or waiting for their next apartment during this time. We are looking at opening fully in July as travel becomes safe again.
To inquire about discounted weekly rates or reserve a room. Please call us at +1(719)-375-5842 or email email@example.com for more info.
CHECK-IN HOURS are 5p to 7p.
CHECK-OUT is at 11p
We are still welcoming travelers with extreme social distancing. Guests who arrive with a cough, signs of fever, or any cold-like symptoms will not be allowed to stay and referred to Colorado Springs Health Dept. Every effort is being made to maintain extreme cleanliness including daily sanitizing services by staff and guests in the rooms and areas of the hostel. We are asking all guests to use masks when in public and to take their temperature daily while staying at the hostel. We are keeping one room with a private bathroom separate for any cases that occur to isolate the guest.
What precautions have we taken against the corona-virus?
The health of our employees and guests is our top priority. Therefore we have taken various measures. For example, we have adjusted our hygiene regulations and we are extra alert to the health of our employees and guests. This also means that we no longer shake hands at reception or other times. We also encourage guests and our employees to follow the CDC guidelines. Furthermore, we have tightened up our cleaning protocol. Our common areas are currently closed and we added a fridge and a microwave in each room.
What does this mean for your stay in Colorado Adventure Hostel?
Most of the attractions and parks may remain open. Hotels may remain open. Shops and public transport will also remain open as usual. Ask our employees for tips about small-scale attractions.
Is breakfast still served?
Unfortunately, no, we shut down all common areas to prevent and control the spread of the virus.
Is contamination known among our employees or guests?
There have been no cases of contamination with any of our employees or guests. We remain highly alert to the health of our employees and guests. We continue to closely follow any developments, measures and regulations regarding the corona virus and we are committed to inform our employees and guests as well as possible.
Saturday March 14, 2020
Dear RAD Hostel Guest,
As you are undoubtedly following the news about COVID-19, I wanted to personally reach out to let you know that we always take standards for hygiene and cleanliness very seriously and we have implemented enhanced protocols to ensure everyone’s safety. We are closely monitoring the guidance of the World Health Organization and the Centers for Disease Control. Our focus is to ensure we meet your needs while doing our part to keep all of our guests, our team members, and our community safe.
Here’s what WE are doing:
- We’ve increased the frequency and time spent cleaning in all common areas and shared rooms with a focus on light switches, doorknobs, handles and other high-touch surfaces.
- We continue to use Environmental Protection Agency recommended products for killing COVID-19 and other harmful microorganisms.
- We’ve added bleach water to the kitchen sink for sanitizing dishes.
- We’ve increased the frequency of washing/sanitizing dishes in the dishwasher (even after guests hand wash their dishes with soap and rinse in bleach water).
- We’ve added additional sanitizer bottles in the kitchen area.
- We’ve added food service gloves to our free breakfast area for guest use and are asking everyone to please wash their hands and/or use the gloves before getting coffee, ice, bread, cereal, or touching other high touch surfaces.
- We’ve discontinued using shared hand towels and dish drying towels, instead we give each guest their own hand towel at check-in for personal use and we offer single-use dish drying towels & paper towels in the kitchen, paper towels in the common area bathroom.
- We continue to wash all linen & towels with detergent, bleach & OxiClean after each guest use. We are now washing &/or sanitizing comforters after each guest checks out.
- Instead of having the beds made in shared rooms, we are giving bedrolls to each guest at check-in.
- We continue to clean & sanitize all occupied rooms, bathrooms & common areas daily.
- We are providing ongoing training for all team members regarding hygiene protocols and COVID-19 awareness.
Here’s what YOU can do:
- If you have traveled from a high-risk area, have flu symptoms or have been exposed to someone who has, please stay home. If you are an in-house guest and start to have flu symptoms, please immediately let one of our team members know by CALLING 719-375-5842 OR TEXTING 719-453-5251.
- Please be diligent about washing your hands. Wash for 20 seconds to be effective.
- Please cough or sneeze in your elbow or a tissue, not your hands. Immediately discard tissue.
- Please be understanding regarding the bedrolls. We understand it may be inconvenient to make your own bed, but it ensures you have the cleanest and freshest linen possible.
- Please be considerate of those whose health and immune systems may not be as good as yours.
Regarding our cancellation policy:
- For individual reservations we are changing our cancellation policy from 48 hours to 24 hours. With the rate at which developments are being made, we believe this additional time is necessary to make the decision to change travel plans.
- All cancellations received by 3:00PM 24 hours prior to the date of check-in will not be charged and therefore will not be subject to any cancellation fee.
- If you are a no show, you will be charged your full reservation. So please cancel in advance.
- For group reservations, our normal policy of 30 days has been reduced to 14 days. If you need to cancel, please do so prior to 14 days before the date of check in.
- If an individual or a group is subject to a travel ban, we will of course allow cancellation at no penalty.
- These policies are in effect through May 31, 2020 and may be reduced or extended, with notice, if necessary.
Safety is our highest priority. Next is making sure every guest has a RAD Colorado Springs experience and that wouldn’t be possible if you or we got sick so we’re doing everything we can to make sure we all stay safe and well! We truly appreciate you choosing us for your lodging and adventure needs!
Safe & Happy Travels,