ACTIVITY & EVENT PLANNER / HOST Wanted
ACTIVITY & EVENT PLANNER / HOST
THIS POSITION REQUIRES THE WORKER TO LIVE ON SITE and WORK 18 HRS IN EXCHANGE for LODGING & ALL GUEST/STAFF AMENITIES (listed below).
All hours worked above 18 are paid at the rate of $12.00/hr.
Guests are encouraged to tip their event hosts.
The Activity & Event Coordinator/Host is responsible for –
- Planning and hosting creative, fun, adventurous daily activities for 4-70+ guests, keeping in mind our target market and staying within our budget (actual participation varies depending on occupancy)
- Researching local community events
- Reaching out to local talent to book events that will be hosted on our property
- Establishing relationships with locally-owned small businesses to form strategic partnerships
- Recording participation numbers, demographics and conducting surveys to assess guest satisfaction
- Collaborating with the advertising and marketing manager and the operations manager to promote activities on social media and on our website and doing so in a timely manner to have high participation levels
- Ensuring that each event participant feels welcome and doesn’t feel excluded from the group
Guest and Staff Benefits:
- Free bike & scooter use (staff only & with experience)
- Free laundry
- Free breakfast, coffee, & tea
- Attend hostel events & activities for free
- Free meals at hostel hosted events
- Free Wi-Fi
- Staff appreciation events (examples this year – concerts, rafting, adventure park, events hosted by local partnership organizations)
- Staff incentives – cash prizes for contests
- 21 years or older
- Activity planning experience
- Hostel experience preferred (working or staying at)
- Valid Drivers License
- Excellent communication and people skills
- Highly organized
- Fun and Energetic
- Critical thinker and problem solver
- Self motivated
This is a great opportunity for a hostel enthusiast who wants to experience working in a new hostel! Meet people from all over the world, have fun at our daily events, and experience Colorado Springs. We LOVE getting our guests to socialize and meet other like-minded travelers and adventurers as we believe that travel should be a fun experience and is even better when shared with new friends.
Come join our rad team! Reach out to Erin @ email@example.com with applications and questions.