About the Position:
Description: This live-in position is a great opportunity for a hostel enthusiast who wants to take on management responsibilities and learn how to run a hostel in a fun, supportive environment.
If you are a highly social person who loves to initiate conversations with people from all over the world, this is your gig.
If you love️ Colorado and love sharing info about trails, restaurants, attractions… even better!
*** This is a LIVE-IN position perfect for a student who doesn’t want to pay for housing while going to college, but we will consider hiring an exceptional applicant for commuting.
We are located less than 1 mile from campus.
Work 18 hrs/wk in exchange for accommodations + benefits and tips. All hours worked above 18 are paid at $11.60/hr
- Making coffee
- Setting up for breakfast & re-stocking items throughout shift
- Cleaning breakfast area & kitchen thoroughly
- Welcoming all guests as they come in
- Giving recommendations
- General conversation
- Asking for social media reviews
- Watering plants, tidying up the outdoor common areas and occasionally (2-4hrs/wk) light housekeeping after breakfast shift is over
- Outgoing, social personality
- Good communication skills
- Morning person
- Customer service experience
- Hospitality experience a +
- 21 years old or older
- Personality Traits: People person, well organized, able to self-manage, fun, chill, creative, able to handle difficult situations, problem solver, independent, self-motivated
- Free bike & scooter use (with experience)
- Free laundry
- Free breakfast, coffee, tea, pasta, rice, fruit, milk, & almond milk
- Attend hostel events & activities for free
- Free meals at hostel hosted events
- Free Wi-Fi
- Staff appreciation events (examples this year – concerts, rafting, adventure park, events hosted by local partnership organizations)
- Staff incentives – cash prizes for contests
If you have any additional skills that you think this hostel could use, please let me know!
A Bit About Us: In September 2018, the ColoRADo Adventure Hostel started welcoming adventurers, travelers, students, and anyone that is eager to explore all the beauty Colorado Springs has to offer. We’re located close to downtown and to countless hiking trails. We have a variety of private and shared rooms, a common kitchen, dining area, lounge, 420-friendly smoking patio and backyard. Our days and nights are filled with people sharing stories, laughing, cooking food together, planning trips, singing around the bonfire, or cheering for each other for game night. We LOVE to get our guests to socialize and meet each other since we believe that travel should be fun and a shared experience.
Colorado Springs has a great blend of nature experiences, a budding arts & culture scene, and a variety of nightlife and music venues. We’re also located about an hour away from Denver and an hour and a half to Boulder, making it easy to take trips to explore the rest of Colorado.
Come join our rad team! Reach out to Erin @ email@example.com with applications and questions.